Acrolein is prepared industrially by oxidation of propene.
The process uses air as the source of oxygen and requires metal oxides as heterogeneous catalysts.
Acrolein is a relatively electrophilic compound and a reactive one, hence its high toxicity. It is a good Michael acceptor, hence its useful reaction with thiols.
|2.||Acrolein (by GC % A/A)||98.0 min|
|4.||HQ PPM (ppm by HPLC)|| 2000 ± 200
- Specially designed ISO tanks.
- Customised packing as per the requirement
3. As an intermediate in
- Acrylic acid, Acrylates
4. Synthetic Resins
- Acrolein is raw materials for glutaraldehyde, 1,2,6-hexanetriol crosslinking agents.
- It is also used for the production of colloidal osmium, ruthenium, rhodium.
6. Aquatic Herbicide
8. Electron Microscopy Fixative
9. Sulphide Scavenger